Q. Kindly tell me whether my throat swab shows MRSA infection.

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Is my throat swab wrong? Do I have MRSA? There is lymph node swelling and cobblestone appearance from 5 to 6 months. Tried different antibiotics but were not helpful.

#

It is not MRSA at all. It is a staphylococcal infection (attachment removed to protect ptient identity).

I have super bug of straphylococcus similar to MRSA because it is resistance to Tetracycline, Doxycycline. Why it is resistant to these antibiotics? Also I have not used these drugs.

#

Welcome back to iclniq.com.

Every type of organism is devided into many strains. Each strain is resistant to some antibiotics and sensitive to other antibiotics. You get infected by a strain which is already resistant to Tetracycline. Whatever you have taken, Tetracycline or not, just begin treatment with the proper antibiotics. Do not panic.

|