Q. Kindly explain the result of thyroid profile test related to pregnancy.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on May 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 30, 2022

I just wanted to know the result of my thyroid profile test because it is saying something about pregnancy, and I am scared of that. Currently, I am taking Thyronorm 75 mg and Inderal 20 mg.

#

I just read your query, and from what you have mentioned, it appears that your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is high, and therefore you must increase the dose of Thyronorm to 100 mcg once daily. Repeat your thyroid function test after three months, and then we will review it again.

Regarding the pregnancy aspect, which is mentioned in the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it means the range in which the TSH should be maintained if the patient is pregnant in the respective trimesters. If you are not currently pregnant, then you should not worry about it.

Thank you so much for advice.

But want to know one more thing that report is not saying I am pregnant, right?

#

No, it does not say anything like that. Do not worry.

|