Thyroid Nodules

My wife had benign thyroid nodule and now it shows some changes in the scan. Kindly give second opinion.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife got scanned her thyroid by a novice user just for training purposes. She has been scanned in the hospital before, as part of an assessment of an autoinflammatory disease. At this time, they found a thyroid nodule (~12 mm) but no further investigation, as it seemed benign. Now,...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmesh Jain

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the american college of radiology thyroid imaging reporting and data systems (TIRADS), the nodule falls under category TR4, which defines it as moderately suspicious. However, as you mentioned, there is a change in morphology with the development of micr...  Read Full »

I had a cough for six months, and now I have the feeling of something in my throat. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a cough for six months, and now I have the feeling of something in my throat. I had a sinus X-ray, lungs checked, checked for asthma, swallow test done, and thyroids checked (I have a tiny nodule, in which the doctor said that would not make me cough). Do you have any suggestion...  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cough you say is it dry or sputum? Are you losing weight? Is there any drenching night sweat and persistent low-grade fever? Is there any history of contact with someone with a chronic cough in your locality? Do you smoke, is your occupation such that you are...  Read Full »

My thyroids are enlarged and asymmetrical. Should I visit an endocrinologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old woman, who in the last six months began to experience thyroid symptoms. I am in the process of looking for a new physician, but I live in a very remote area with a significant shortage of medical professionals, so I am in a lot of ways on my own here. My mother had h...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for such a detailed history, it makes my job easier. I would want to know what was the result of the biopsy or FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology). Based on that, I shall be in a better position to tell you the next step. Your thyroid is functioning to i...  Read Full »

Is there a natural way to reduce the chance of surgery for thyroid nodules?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41 year old male. My weight is 89 kg and height is 6 feet. I have nodules in the thyroid gland since last two years. Initially, it started as a feeling of imbalance in the head about two years back. The initial assumption was vertigo and later it was found to be a small nodule i...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Basically, your scan reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are showing that you have thyroiditis (inflammation of the thyroid gland) along with a nodule in the thyroid gland. Because of this problem you are having the symptoms. Initially, you had hype...  Read Full »

Can mixed spongiform thyroid nodules be malignant ?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 32 years old. I do not understand what my ultrasound report means. My gynecologist and PCP both felt a large mass on the right side of thyroid and told me that they have to refer me out and I need another biopsy. The last biopsy was a year back and it was benign. It was...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have a thyroid nodule. According to the guidelines, if the nodule is more than 75 % of spongiform appearance, then they are benign and if less than 75% then there is a chance of malignancy w...  Read Full »

Can a woman without thyroid gland conceive and live a normal life?

Query: Hi doctor,Can I marry a woman without a thyroid gland? She has a nodule in her left lobe of thyroid gland but after total thyroidectomy, there was no cancer. I am tensed because she has no thyroid gland. The surgeon said it is not a matter but some doctors say there will be a complication in future....  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history, the queries you have are usual and answers are yes, she can live quite a normal life provided she takes the supplement Eltroxin (Levothyroxine) timely and according to the prescription. Yes, she can conceive but for further information, you shou...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for colloidal nodules in thyroid lobe?

Query: Hello doctor, I have colloidal nodules in my right thyroid lobe. My T3 and T4 are fine. Please suggest whether I need to go for surgery. I am not very sure if I have a problem while swallowing or not. I have problem to swallow when I get throat infection and cough.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that your thyroid nodule and lymph nodes are enlarged. Your thyroid function test results are good (attachment removed to protect patient identity) but you have to do an FNAC (fine needle aspiration c...  Read Full »

How can I prevent the 9-mm thyroid nodule from growing?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female. Recently, I had a high blood pressure onset that lasted for four days. In addition to this, I am stressed, tired and not looking or feeling well as I have a very engaging and stressful job. During the days of high blood pressure, I went to see a doctor, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have a benign thyroid nodule which is less than the size required for the criteria for a surgery. Therefore, your doctor plans to prevent it from growing further by giving you T...  Read Full »

I have a benign multinodular goiter. Is there a need for thyroidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with multinodular goiter and have done FNAC, which turned to be benign. Is there any other way to get rid of the enlargement of the goiter and the nodules? My thyroid is full of them ranging from 0.5 to 0.9 mm. What should I do? I feel lost, and I have a con...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can I see the FNAC (fine needle aspiration), and ultrasound of the thyroid reports? Do you have a family history of thyroid illness? Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »

I have two lumps in my throat. Does the ultrasound of my thyroid indicate a potential malignancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I felt two lumps in my throat next to my thyroid, so I was sent for thyroid and lymph node ultrasound. For over a year, my symptoms like fatigue, sweating, lack of concentration, etc., have been slowly getting worse. Can you please review my reports and give me your opinion on it? Is...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a dark area in the right lobe of the thyroid, which is of concern to me. Usually, thyroid nodules are of different types, and cancer cannot be always predicted from an ultrasound scan. The...  Read Full »