Q. My 2. 5 months pregnant wife's TSH has reduced. Do we need to reduce Thyronorm dosage?

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Subclinical Hypothyroidism or Levothyroxine? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My wife is 2.5 months pregnant. She is 29 years old, weighs 46.2 kg and is 4.10 feet tall. She has subclinical hypothyroidism, and her TSH is 12.7. She takes Thyronorm 75 mcg. Recently, we tested her TSH, which was 10.5 and total thyroxine (T4) is 12.4 (reference value is 4.5 to 12). Do we continue the same Thyronorm 75 mcg or reduce the dose?