Q. Please help with my recurrent fungal infection.

Published on May 03, 2016

I am getting itching in the area where I wear my undergarments. I tried many medicines for fungal infection, but it does not go away. It has been there for more than a year. It keeps recurring. Currently, I am applying Miconazole cream and Clotrimazole powder. Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

With your given description, it looks like resistant tinea cruris infections or may be erythrasma (skin condition affecting the folds in the body),

You have not mentioned the duration of individual drugs you have taken.

Itraconazole is a good drug for this, but you have to take 100 mg daily for around 28 days. Along with this you can try Sertaconazole cream with Fusidic acid cream to cover erythrasma twice daily for minimum of three months.

Follow certain general measures such as:

1. Avoid heat, moisture and maceration (softening by soaking).
  2. Dry the body folds, finger and toe webs thoroughly after bathing.

May be not taken full duration of the course of medicines for fungal infection.

1. Blood sugar.
2. Skin scraping for KOH (Potassium hydroxide).

1. Tinea cruris.
2. Erythrasma.
3. Candidal dermatitis.

Recalcitrant tinea cruris.

Revert back after the tests to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have hard lumps on my scalp that are red and white. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have these red and white hard lumps on my scalp. Some are not lumpy but, are just marks. Can you tell me what they are and how to get rid of them? I have dandruff as well.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be pityriasis sicca. The diagnosis can be confirmed with a trichoscopy and skin biopsy. Consider the application of Onabet B lotion (Beclomethasone and Sertaconazole) at bed time over the scalp for 14 days. Use a shampoo that contains 2 % Ketoconazole to wash th...  Read Full

What causes of a pink spot on testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is intertrigo secondary to candida yeast infection. It is not a contagious disease. I suggest you start using Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg one capsule every day for 16 consecutive days. There are no food restrictions when you take this medicine but avoi...  Read Full

How to Cure Candidial Balanitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old male. I have itching on the head of the penis and the foreskin. It started about 3-4 days back. But now it seems that I have symptoms of balanitis. I found white substance under the foreskin. There is also some minor tear which make it difficult for me to move my foresk...  Read Full >>

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a difference between Candid cream and Candid B cream. This seems like you are having candidial balanitis. Please apply Onabet cream (Sertaconazole) twice daily for a week. Wear loose cotton underpants. Do not wash your foreskin everytime you us...  Read Full