Q. Can taking a long hot shower cause a tingling sensation in the arms?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I am a 34-year-old male. I had a hot shower for a long time. When I came out of the shower, I had a hard argument with my wife. After all these incidents, I started to have a tingling sensation in my arms and fingers without numbness. Is this because of a hot shower for long hours or because of the energy wasted in the argument?

Kindly help.

#

Hello

I understand your concern, and I would explain that your symptoms are not suggestive of any neurological disorders. The blood pressure fluctuations and anxiety (panic attacks) may mimic this clinical situation. Anyway, there is nothing to worry about.

I recommend closely monitor your blood pressure values for the next five days. And if this episode repeats, I would recommend performing blood tests like complete blood count for anemia, thyroid hormone levels for thyroid gland dysfunction, and blood electrolytes.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

|