Q. What can cause on and off tingling in arms and legs?

Answered by Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Tingling Sensation or Doppler Ultrasound? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

About two and a half months ago, I was at work with one leg tucked under the other in a computer chair. When I got up to use the restroom, I noticed tingling in my lower leg and developed drop foot as a result. My first visit was to a podiatrist and he suggested me to visit a neurologist. The neurologist did not run any scientific test and determined I likely crushed my peroneal nerve and said to return in four to six weeks for physical therapy. About two weeks later, while lying in bed on my side, I noticed my arm tingle a bit and when I got up to shake it out the tingling eventually subsided. But, I have experienced weakness in that arm. Last night while sitting upright on my bed, my left leg began to experience a similar sensation. The limbs are still functional and the tingling does not persist, but it feels weak. The uncertainty due to the lack of scientific testing is weighing very heavily on me and the troubling issue is the onset of additional symptoms which are causing occasional unsettling stomach feelings due to the mental anguish I have been experiencing. Mainly the fact that all of my limbs feel weak are making me very concerned.