Q. What can cause tingling sensation in muscles?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2019

Over the last few months, I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on a specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

This tingling sensation can be due to transient nerve compression. This nerve compression can be due to a muscle spasm or due to abnormalities in the thoracic spine.

• You should improve your posture and avoid sitting for long hours.
  • Avoid bending your back to lift heavy weights.
  • Apply Voltaren gel (Diclofenac) over the area twice daily. Keep hot fomentation twice daily.
  • Do McKenzie back extension exercises twice daily. It will surely help you.

If back pain still persists, then get back to me as you will require a prescription for medication.

|