Q. My tonsil stones are recurring even after using Augmentin. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 11, 2019

I have recurring tonsil stones and was on Augmentin for two weeks. But it did not help. I feel like a tonsillectomy is overdue smelly when I swab with a cotton pick. Please help.

#

Recurrent tonsil stones not relieved by antibiotics is an indication for tonsillectomy. It is a safe surgery with definite benefits. The surgeon may use the coablation technique, which causes the least post-operative pain and minimal bleeding. For now, complete the course of antibiotics, take some anti-inflammatory medicines like Chymoral Forte or Disperzyme in an empty stomach and also do betadine gargles. Once the acute episode is resolved, you may review it with your ENT for surgery. Revert to me if you require further support on this.

|