Common "Calcification" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Calcification

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am suffering from a dull pain in my throat with reddish-brown sputum discharge. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I used to smoke and drink in the past. I am having a dull pain in my throat region that is extending to the ear. However, I do not face any difficulty in eating or swallowing food. When I tried to clear my throat, a reddish-brown sputum was secreted along with a few tiny, tonsils-like ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and understood your concern. However, I have a few questions. 1. Do you have a picture of the stones that came out while you spat? 2. Do you have any pictures of the phlegm that came out? I suggest the following instructions mentioned below: 1...  Read Full »

I have a white spot on my left tonsil with no pain or swelling. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had a white spot on my left tonsil for the past week. There is no pain, no swelling, no trouble while swallowing, or no sore throat or fever. Also, I would like to mention that I have never had tonsil problems before. It is the first time I have had this white spot in one of my tons...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhadragiri Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a detailed look at the reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Our pharynx is filled with multiple lymphoid follicles, with the tonsil being one of the larger lymphoid follicular aggregates. The white spot over the tonsil is a lymphoid fol...  Read Full »

Why is there a white bump on my tonsil?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I have had a history of smoking for the past ten years and have been using an e-cigarette for the past five years. I also have an account of drinking over weekends. I have no sore throat or sensation, But I noticed a small (less than 2 cm in length) fleshy bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com I am sorry for such discomfort. I saw the picture you attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). There is a slightly swollen tonsil on the left side with a yellowish spot probably reflecting? Tonsil stone on the surface. The right tonsil appe...  Read Full »

How are tonsil stones formed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had some pus leaking in my throat behind my left tonsil for quite some time now, and I had tonsil stones. Sometimes it feels like my throat is closing, and it is hard to breathe. It is hard to swallow and feels like somethings are stuck in my throat like pus or tonsil stones. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your tonsils look inflamed, and a tonsil stone is noted on the left tonsil (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Different debris types, such as dead cells, mucus, saliva, and food, get trapped over the tonsil and get calcified. Bacterial infection over t...  Read Full »

Why do I get a feel of something in throat even after removing tonsil stones?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a tonsil stone removed a few days ago thinking that is what I was feeling in my throat but it was not. There is something else I feel when I swallow. It does not hurt but just uncomfortable. It looks black maybe like a pimple or some kind of a bump.  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the picture you sent. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The throat, especially the posterior pharyngeal wall and palatine pillars appear a bit congested. Now, this could be due to a few reasons either allergy and repeated throat itch, inf...  Read Full »

I have tonsil stones, cough, and swollen gums. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have tonsil stones, sore throat, swollen gums, and dry cough. Is this the symptoms of oral or throat cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Peerzada Tehmid Ul Haque

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A recurrent sore throat can occur in a number of pathologies. Most often it is as a result of some local pathology like Rhinosinusitis, nasopharyngitis, tonsillitis, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux). Rather than relapsing and recur...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for recurrent tonsillitis and tonsil stones?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from recurring tonsillitis since I was a child. I was told at one point that if I was to be diagnosed with tonsillitis again, I would have to schedule to get my tonsils removed. However, I have had it quite a few times since. I also suffer from frequent tonsil st...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your tonsils are definitely infected. You need a course of antibiotics, decongestants, pain killers and good gargles. Additionally, we need to have a look at your nose to rule out if there is any rhinitis or sinusitis that is triggering the tonsil infections repeated...  Read Full »

It bleeds when I try to remove a deposit with a Q-tip. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 19-year-old male. I have had what I thought was persistent throat pain for over a month. Just recently, I narrowed it to just my tonsil, and a large tonsil stone came out, and it felt a little better. I tried to remove another deposit with a Q-tip, and it started to bleed. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concern. Please send a picture of the throat. 1. Do not use Q-tips as they are not sterile. You may squeeze out the stone if you get a sterile cotton swab. 2. Bleeding after stone removal is common but should be in fewer amount...  Read Full »

My tonsil stones are recurring even after using Augmentin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recurring tonsil stones and was on Augmentin for two weeks. But it did not help. I feel like a tonsillectomy is overdue smelly when I swab with a cotton pick. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent tonsil stones not relieved by antibiotics is an indication for tonsillectomy. It is a safe surgery with definite benefits. The surgeon may use the coablation technique, which causes the least post-operative pain and minimal bleeding. For now, complete the cou...  Read Full »

What can cause white areas in my tonsils?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about my tonsils. I honestly need them removed but have other health issues and just cannot right now. I had a cyst last year that slowly shrunk away to nothing, I have tonsil stones. The full range of issues. Right now I have these large white areas toward the bottom o...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. They are pus or keratotic patches (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If pus, then it should be painful. Most likely keratotic patches over the tonsil. Can you take pictures where both tonsils can be visualized? Do you have such spots on the other tonsil a...  Read Full »