I am a 20-year-old male. I am having throat pain with red tonsils and white patches on them, frequently clear throat, excessive mucus with low and not clear voice. Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
From your description I understand that you are a male aged 20 years, having the symptoms of throat pain, excessive throat mucus, throat irritation and change of voice.
From perusal of your symptoms, I conclude that one of the following could be the most probable causes:
1. Acute follicular tonsillitis: It is the infection of tonsils. May be accompanied by an infection of the pharynx and upper respiratory tract. It produces acute pain, painful swallowing, change of voice, and throat irritation.
2. Diphtheritic tonsillitis: It is a serious condition where after healing of tonsillitis the diphtheria organism can cause myocarditis (inflammation of myocardium) and nerve palsies/neuralgia. Neuralgia is a nerve associated pain. The symptoms of your case that match this condition are in addition to throat pain, red tonsil are the patches you mentioned. Diphtheria forms a dirty white membrane over the surfaces.
3. Other less probable conditions are infectious mononucleosis, tonsillar malignancy, Vincent's angina. However, the details you have given do not seem to match these.
However, I must insist that only when we examine you we can be sure of what the findings are and what could be the diagnosis. You could take a picture and send us for a better understanding of your problem.
Meanwhile, try the following. These are just suggestions.
I would recommend you to do the following tests for a more decisive opinion.
1. Complete blood count.
2. Throat swab and Albert staining of the swab.
Some general measures you can take to alleviate the pain and change of voice are:
1. Take plenty of warm and hot fluids.
2. Avoid spicy, oily, and cold foods.
3. Take salt water gargles many times a day.
4. Take steam inhalation.
5. Take pain killers to alleviate the pain.
Only after a more decisive opinion can we provide you with antibiotics or more specific measures.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
I have throat irritation and slight nose block for which I took Otrivin at night for 2 days but still not much improvement ... Read fullNothing seems to help my prolonged throat irritation. Please advise.
I have a throat irritation for the past three years ... I went to the best hospitals in my city and consulted ENT physicians there, who told me that my throat was alright ... Read fullWhat causes recurrent tonsillitis?
.. is at the entrance of your pharynx. So it traps most of the bacteria and viruses. So pharyngitis including tonsilitis could be due to streptococcus like bacteria or influenza like viral infection. The symptomatic management need to be done with de... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an ENT Otolaryngologist Now