Why my tonsils are asymmetrical in size?

Q. Is it normal to have asymmetrical tonsils?

Dr. Bhadragiri Vageesh Padiyar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2023

My tonsils are asymmetrical and I am very scared. Is it normal? Please help.

#

I went through your query and understood your concern. I went through your picture (the attachment was removed to protect the patient's identity). I suggest there is nothing to worry about regarding the minor asymmetry in the tonsils. It is perfectly normal unless you have any symptoms in the throat. This is not associated with cancer. I hope this has helped you. Thanks and regards.

|