Q. Why are there gray spots between the teeth?

Dr. Honey Nandwani
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 16, 2022

My daughter is having a strong toothache. I looked into her tooth and found something gray in between two of her upper teeth. It looks awful and I do not know what it can be.

#

I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the pain is appearing to be due to tooth decay.

Consult a dentist and get examined, also get an X-ray done.

If the decay is not reaching the nerves then a filling is sufficient. If the decay is reaching the nerves, then pulpectomy has to be done.

For now, you can give Ibuprofen to reduce pain. Consult her specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

|