Q. Why is there sensitivity in the teeth where caps were placed?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

My mother aged 62 years actually went to a dentist because she felt that there is rubbing in between upper jaw tooth enamel and lower jaw tooth enamel and something sour in taste gets secreted out of it. The doctor told that there is decayed tooth on both sides. The doctor filled the gap between tooth, did enamel treatment, put a cap on four of her lower jaw tooth. She did not have any problems for 10 days. But now, she is having tooth sensitivity problem in the lower tooth jaw where caps were put for four teeth. Whenever she drinks anything hot or a little cold. Please advise us on the treatment.

#

I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your mother.

The history started after ten days that means there will be something wrong with the prosthesis (bridge). I think there must be chipping off of the sealant (the material that fixes the crown or bridge with tooth) or the gingival recession because of the altered occlusion. You need to get a desensitizing toothpaste like Sensodyne and use it for two weeks. In case you feel there is a gap between sensitive tooth and bridge you need to visit the dentist again and get it recemented.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|