Q. How can I cure toothache at home quickly?

Dr. Honey Arora

I have a severe toothache. I have tried clove on it but that only takes the pain away for 2 to 3 minutes and my tooth is rotted and another tooth is growing out of it. What is the fastest way to cure it at home now? Also, do you think they can put me to sleep and then take the decayed tooth out?

#

Home remedies will not give long-lasting relief from pain, therefore you should consult a dentist and get evaluated. A combination of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen can help in reducing infection and also relieve pain. The tooth can be removed after numbing it, therefore, you do not need to get general anesthesia and just numbing the tooth and adjacent structures is sufficient.

| 

I have pain and bleeding after molar tooth extraction. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Is it normal for a dentist to not prescribe anything for pain after having a broken molar extracted, and three roots pulled out? My tooth was extracted yesterday, still bleeding heavily. I had fever through the day.  Read Full »

My teeth still pain after a fluoride varnish. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gone to a dentist. He applied fluoride varnish paste on my teeth saying that the cavities are very small. But my teeth are still paining. What to do?  Read Full »

Is there any temporary or immediate relief for tooth pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Since yesterday I am getting tooth pain in my upper left canine. It is paining four to five times a day and it is very severe pain. It is there for 15 minutes. Afterward, everything is normal. My question is what might be the problem? Can you please suggest any temporary relief medicine ...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»