Q. Please read my CT scan and explain about the stomach pain.

Dr. Vivek Chail

I am suffering from stomach pain for 10 years with diarrhea and constipation. Also, there has been on and off liver pain and pain around my female area. I got married for 10 years. I had five healthy pregnancies and nine very early miscarriages in between for unknown reasons. I have a history of mild abnormal paps. I had biopsies come back with mild CIN each time, and it has been going on now for 12 years. I feel tired all the time. I have got blood in the toilet today. I am also having a history of constipation, diarrhea and mucus in stool. I feel bloated stomach with an appearance of about 5 months pregnant in the mornings and 7 months pregnant in the evenings. But, I am not pregnant. I got a sudden weight gain of 30 pounds around 9 years ago. I would like you to read my CT scan. Thank you.

#

• There is a small cyst like area in the right lobe of the liver. However, this should not be causing any pain or discomfort in the right upper abdomen.
  • There is an evolving umbilical hernia and probably causing you to have abdominal distension. It is not something you should worry about.
  • However, lifting heavy weights and doing physical activity requiring a lot of stamina is to be done with caution. At times, this can cause a little discomfort in the lower abdomen.
  • Since you have had five children and nine miscarriages, it is advisable to get an ultrasound scan done to your pelvic organs. There is no significant mass in the area, but smaller structures are better visualised on ultrasound scan.
  • Weight gain and tiredness can be associated with hormonal problems including thyroid disorders. Please discuss it with your doctor and have your thyroid blood tests done if required.

For further information consult a radiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|