Q. Should we increase the Insulin to control PP sugar level?

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2020

For the past six weeks, we have been noticing that my father's PP sugar levels after breakfast are in the range of 195 to 250 depending on what he eats. Fasting levels are more or less fine. He had done his laboratory tests before two months and his HbA1c was fine. I have attached the blood reports along with his current medications list. Should we increase the Insulin? Please explain. Thank you.

#

I can understand your concern for your father.

• For uncontrolled sugar, I would suggest adding Voglibose available as tablet Volibo 0.3 mg before each major meal twice a day.
  • Increasing the Insulin dose might risk him with hypoglycemia. Consult his specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent.

For further doubts consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|