Uncontrolled Diabetes

Why is my blood sugar level 390 after a meal?

Query: Hello doctor,My sugar level is not reducing even after I take human Actrapid 24 in the morning, 20 in the noon and Insugen (30/70) 14 dose past 15 days. Sugar is 390 after food. Kindly tell the reason and how to reduce it.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to understand how much your sugar level was 15 days ago (before you started insulin therapy). If there is a decrease in your sugar level compared to the earlier value, then you are definitely on the right track. All you need would be a change in the d...  Read Full »

Is diabetes medicine needed if HbA1c is 7.5?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old female. One year before I went to a diabetologist and took glucose tolerance test. Here is the result, fasting - 128 mg/dL, 1 hour - 340 mg/dL, 2 hour - 196 mg/dL. Doctor prescribed medicine for a month but after that I did not take any medication. Now I would...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned that took medicine for a month, still your HbA1c - glycated hemoglobin is 7.5 (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is little high. The target of HbA1c should be less than 7. So, I would suggest you to continue with tablet Glycipha...  Read Full »

What is the meaning of anisocytosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic, and my latest report showed HbA1C as 11, it says hypochromia and anisocytosis of red blood cells. What does it mean?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.HbA1C of 11 is very high, and it suggests toward uncontrolled diabetes. I suggest you investigate your urine sugar, blood fasting sugar, serum urea and creatinine. The treatment for diabetes should be started with oral hypoglycemic drugs like Metformin and Gliclazide.Lifest...  Read Full »

Why is my sugar level uncontrolled even after taking Glycomet?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 30 years and my weight is around 70 lbs. My fasting sugar is around 180 and PP around 270. I am taking Glycomet GP2 tablets twice a day from last nine months. But sugar level is uncontrolled. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali

Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reasons for uncontrolled sugar are several even though you are taking medicine. 1. Sedentary life style. 2. What you eat, if you consume more fat or deep fried item in your diet, it is another reason. 3. Anxiety also plays a major role. 4. Time duration betwe...  Read Full »

How to Cure Candidial Balanitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old male. I have itching on the head of the penis and the foreskin. It started about 3-4 days back. But now it seems that I have symptoms of balanitis. I found white substance under the foreskin. There is also some minor tear which make it difficult for me to move my foresk...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a difference between Candid cream and Candid B cream. This seems like you are having candidial balanitis. Please apply Onabet cream (Sertaconazole) twice daily for a week. Wear loose cotton underpants. Do not wash your foreskin everytime you us...  Read Full »

Why is diabetes not under control even after taking medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I take GP3 before lunch and dinner, Obimate SR 1 gm after lunch and dinner, Tryglynase 2 before breakfast but diabetes is not coming under control. I have attached my report.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. There are three ways to control diabetes. Diet, exercise, medicines (oral or Insulin). No matter how good your blood sugar reports are, you should definitely follow a strict anti-diabetic diet and do regular daily aerobic exercises like wa...  Read Full »

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation is not the reason for the problem of premature ejaculation you are having. Masturbation is a safe habit, and most of the men masturbate. Diabetes increases the risk of premat...  Read Full »

Will I get a sore on my genitals during every HSV-1 outbreak?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with HSV-1, but all other tests like HIV, HBsAg, HCV, VDRL, and TPHA are normal. I got infected with HSV through oral sex. My first outbreak was about four months back, and I got sores in the genital area, mouth, head, and my waist. Recently, a sore has erupted in my mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Repeated outbreak of HSV (herpes simplex virus) are common, but repeated outbreaks are usually shorter and less severe. Although the organism stays in the body for the rest of your life, the number of outbreaks tends to decrease over a period of years.  At the time of...  Read Full »

I have pain and a white tissue layer forming on my penis. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 40 year old male, and I have diabetes. From a week, I have pain in the penis, and a white tissue like layer is formed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have candidiasis. But to be sure, please send photos and details like your latest sugar levels. We can start treatment after that. Take care. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologi...  Read Full »

What can we do for faster recovery of diabetic foot ulcer?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 53 years old  and she weighs 60 kg. She has fell down and tried home remedy for foot but, the foot has become worse. Now she is hospitalized. Her sugar level was 295 on the first day and now they have controlled it with insulin and today her sugar level is 180. What can w...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the pictures, it is a clearly indicative of diabetic foot ulceration (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since she has uncontrolled diabetes, the nerves and blood vessels to the foot have been affected and have become ulcerated. The depth of the wo...  Read Full »