Uncontrolled Diabetes

What steps can be taken to improve erections?

Query: I am 53 years old male, I am a diabetic and have ED problem for the last 4 months, I loose my erection very soon. I even tried taking Eract X on two occassions, but it didnt work, but do I have to take it continuosly? Please let me know as to what steps I need to take to improve my erections. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello Dear do you feeling difficult to get erections?? or difficulty to maintain erection for a long time and premature ejaculation?? Diabetic patients with uncontrolled diabetes may lead to erectile dysfunction. So please maintain good diabetic control. Eat green leafy vegetables and fruits. Avo...  Read Full »

How to manage leg injury in a diabetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed to be diabetic. I am on Glycine-SR 500. One week back, I got a small injury in my right leg. Now, some pus is coming from that injury. Last week, my fasting and postprandial blood sugar were 139 and 228 respectively. Please let me know the treatment that I need t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pus from a wound means infection. So, you need to visit your nearby hospital immediately and get it dressed. Also, start the antibiotics prescribed by them. Healing is hampered in diabetes so it needs immediate attention. Your blood sugar levels are high. I suggest cha...  Read Full »

What causes swollen foot with purple discoloration in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My left foot is swollen with purple color and pain. I am currently on Diamicron 60 mg and Xelevia 100 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With history, I feel you have left foot cellulitis. It is the infection on the foot. You might need heavy antibiotics for the infection. Is warmth present on the wound? Any pus discharge from the area? Kindly update these details and also the picture of the purple c...  Read Full »

My father's PP sugar levels are high. Should we increase Insulin dosage?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past six weeks, we have been noticing that my father's PP sugar levels after breakfast are in the range of 195 to 250 depending on what he eats. Fasting levels are more or less fine. He had done his laboratory tests before two months and his HbA1c was fine. I have attached the blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your father. For uncontrolled sugar, I would suggest adding Voglibose available as tablet Volibo 0.3 mg before each major meal twice a day. Increasing the Insulin dose might risk him with hypoglycemia. Consult his specialist doctor, di...  Read Full »

My mom's diabetes medicines are making her feel dizzy and weak. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 53 years old. She is a diabetic and under medication. Her list of medications is as follows: For diabetes, Glyciphage SR 1 gm (1-0-1) and Volibo 0.2 (0-1-0). For cholesterol, Stator 10 (0-0-1) and for stamina, Stamina-OD (1-0-0). Under medication, her sugar levels before ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I can gather from the details given, your mother is having uncontrolled blood sugar value. The possible reasons might be lack of exercise and poor diet control. The target blood sugar values that your mother should attain are between 100 and 130 before food and betwee...  Read Full »

Why do diabetic people get UTI often?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have got UTI. I usually have this problem every summer. I am finding it difficult to pass urine since I have a burning sensation. I am diabetic and also suffering from hypothyroidism. I take Diapride 1 mg on empty stomach, Melmet 500 after breakfast and dinner and Thyronorm 50 m...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, diabetic patients are very prone to develop frequent UTI (urinary tract infection). Possibility is more if you have uncontrolled blood sugar. Primarily, you need fasting sugar, PP - postprandial sugar estimation and a routine urine examination as well as cult...  Read Full »

How does diabetes affect the baby during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 21 years old with type 1 diabetes. When she was 35 weeks pregnant, she had a cesarean section delivery. The baby's heartbeat stopped and they could not get it started. The doctors are blaming it to be due to diabetes. They said that the baby's blood acid was 25, which is five...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Diabetes is a big problem and so, the pregnancy during diabetes is labeled as high risk pregnancy. It is very uncertain to know what side effect might occur. However, the side effects can vary from person to person. It is very difficult to commen...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to improve the sugar level.

Query: Hi doctor, My diabetes started as gestational diabetes around seven years back. I am taking NovoRapid 24 units three times a day and Lantus 30 units at night daily. But, my blood sugar levels are not at all coming down. Previously, I took tablet Zoryl MV 1 and 2. I am using these Insulin for the pas...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Uncontrolled sugar can be due to inadequate dose of Insulin, not following proper diet and less physical activity or exercise. I need to know whether you take NovoRapid 24 units three times a day which is equal to 72 units per day or it is 24 units per day. ...  Read Full »

Why is my blood sugar level 390 after a meal?

Query: Hello doctor,My sugar level is not reducing even after I take human Actrapid 24 in the morning, 20 in the noon and Insugen (30/70) 14 dose past 15 days. Sugar is 390 after food. Kindly tell the reason and how to reduce it.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to understand how much your sugar level was 15 days ago (before you started insulin therapy). If there is a decrease in your sugar level compared to the earlier value, then you are definitely on the right track. All you need would be a change in the d...  Read Full »

Is diabetes medicine needed if HbA1c is 7.5?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old female. One year before I went to a diabetologist and took glucose tolerance test. Here is the result, fasting - 128 mg/dL, 1 hour - 340 mg/dL, 2 hour - 196 mg/dL. Doctor prescribed medicine for a month but after that I did not take any medication. Now I would...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned that took medicine for a month, still your HbA1c - glycated hemoglobin is 7.5 (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is little high. The target of HbA1c should be less than 7. So, I would suggest you to continue with tablet Glycipha...  Read Full »