Q. I vomited a small tubular gummy object that had black dots. Please help.

Dr. Vivek Chail
Published on Sep 01, 2019

I vomited a two-inch tubular gummy object that had black dots when dissected. I recently tested negative for parasites in my stool sample. Please help.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

In the picture, it looks to be a part of the undigested food particle. However, making a conclusion based on the picture is difficult (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please keep a close watch on such occurrences and any symptoms involving the airway or food passage.

Symptoms like throat irritation, fever, and cough are also essential to look out for. Drink adequate water and have a soft home cooked diet to keep your bowel comfortable. If you have a repeat of vomiting similar substances, then please consult your doctor and get an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done.

| 

Can vomiting cause eye pain and bruising?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend started vomiting last night and I noticed that his eyelids were red and bruised. Is there something else besides the vomiting that could have caused the bruised eyelids?  Read Full »

Could vomiting cause prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full »

I wake up coughing at night and swallow water to relieve this. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I always wake up coughing during the night. And when I eat, I get discomfort like trapped wind in my esophagus and have to swallow water hard to relieve this. I tested negative for H. pylori and currently on Lansoprazole which is not improving my symptoms much.  Read Full »