Q. I vomited a small tubular gummy object that had black dots. Please help.

Dr. Vivek Chail
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I vomited a two-inch tubular gummy object that had black dots when dissected. I recently tested negative for parasites in my stool sample. Please help.

Do you have a question on Undigested Food or Vomiting?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Vivek Chail

MBBS., DMRD., DNB (RADIODIAGNOSIS
Radiodiagnosis Radiology

In the picture, it looks to be a part of the undigested food particle. However, making a conclusion based on the picture is difficult (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please keep a close watch on such occurrences and any symptoms involving the airway or food passage.

Symptoms like throat irritation, fever, and cough are also essential to look out for. Drink adequate water and have a soft home cooked diet to keep your bowel comfortable. If you have a repeat of vomiting similar substances, then please consult your doctor and get an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done.

Is it normal to have bruising and redness of eyelids after vomiting?
Query: Hello doctor, My friend started vomiting last night and I noticed that his eyelids were red and bruised. Is there something else besides the vomiting that could have caused the bruised eyelids?  Read Full >>
Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history provided, it seems that your friend is having red and bruised eyes following vomiting. This is probably because of rupture of very small blood vessels in the eyelids during vomiting. This will not require any treatment and it will subside in one o...  Read Full

Could vomiting cause prominence of the vessels of sclera?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full >>
Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your complaints. Do you have any pain in your eyes or developed any problem in vision in that duration? Is it associated with any redness? It would have been of help if you have sent a recent photograph of both of your eyes. Ke...  Read Full

I wake up coughing at night and swallow water to relieve this. Please advise.
Query: Hi doctor, I always wake up coughing during the night. And when I eat, I get discomfort like trapped wind in my esophagus and have to swallow water hard to relieve this. I tested negative for H. pylori and currently on Lansoprazole which is not improving my symptoms much.  Read Full >>
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are most likely due to gastroesophageal reflux disease, that is, acid reflux from the stomach to the food pipe in the chest. This happens more in the night hours which results in cough and sleep disturbances. Occasionally, it can also result in bad taste e...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now