Q. Does unprotected oral sex cause herpes?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

I have minor rashes or ulcers on the head of my penis. Also, I had a lot of itching and swelling in the foreskin.

There are no fluid-filled blisters. I had unprotected oral and protected sex with my new partner twenty-five days and eighteen days back. Symptoms started fifteen days back. I saw red rashes on the penis head and swelling and cuts in the foreskin. My foreskin was sticky, and I am diabetic. I did not have any fever or sores filled with fluid anywhere. The pain is minimal, and I have only itching. I did not have a cluster of fluid-filled blisters. Now, my symptoms are resolved, and I have only itching. I wanted to know the risk of herpes transmission. It looks to me like balanitis. All STDs came negative in the testing done ten days ago. Oral sex on was protected but rigorous.

Now only minor itching and redness are left. Can this be herpes? Please suggest what I should do.

#

The possible diagnosis can be sexually transmitted disease (STD) as it can be discovered after six weeks. The other possible diagnosis can be a fungal infection. It is recommended to repeat sexually transmitted disease (STD) screening after another two weeks. I suggest Canesten cream twice daily for ten days.

Then update me on the results. If the herpes test is negative that time, it is negative. If you have any more queries, please let me know.

Kind regards.

Thank you for the reply.

I had protected oral sex eighteen days back and unprotected oral sex twenty-five days back.

When should I test again for herpes? Six weeks after the first sex or second time?

I am assuming the risk for herpes is only because of the sex I had twenty-five days back.

#

Repeat it after two weeks from now. I hope Canesten will cure you if the tests are negative.

Please do follow up. Kind regards.

I am very stressed and unable to

Sleep for past 2-3 weeks. Based on the details, can you tell me what is the probability of catching herpes.
# Herpes possibility depends wether the contacted person got it or no. And the way contact have taken place like lip kissing through saliva or unprotected intercourse. And at this stage without test no doctor and tell you have herpes or no unless symptoms appear. The best way is to go do the test.
Kind regards
The rash comes and goes away after applying canestene cream . It comes back after masturbation again. Can herpes rash come and go in few hours!
# No it can’t come and usually herpes is a painful condition if rashes goes with canesten it’s likely to be fungal
Ok. Then I don’t have herpes. Never had any pain I am diabetic and my sugars are eu Ming high around 300. So it is candida balanitis. Will go to doctor and start taking care of diabetes
# Ok then

|