Q. I had spotting on the next day of my unprotected sex. Is this a sign of pregnancy?

Published on Jun 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 25, 2019

I had unprotected sex on my infertile day, but I was quite scared, so I took post-pill a week later I had another unprotected sex this time in my fertile days but did not receive the post-pill immediately next day I saw a slight spotting which prompted me into taking the emergency pill. Now a week later, I have been bleeding for two days. I hope this is not a sign of pregnancy. Please help me understand it better.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Ideally, the emergency contraceptive pill is to be taken within 72 hours of last intercourse to be effective 99 %. It is of no importance if taken after a week. Nevertheless, the bleeding which you got mid cycle before you took the pill was likely to be an ovulation bleed as you had sex in your safe period, then you took the high dose progesterone emergency pill, which initiated a progesterone withdrawal after two days in the form of bleeding as expected. This rules out pregnancy as you had a withdrawal bleed, but it is always best in such cases to get a serum beta hCG test done to be conclusively sure.

| 

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »

My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »