Q. I have tickling and irritation in the vagina after unprotected sex. Could this be due to i-pill intake?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 08, 2020

I had unprotected sex seven days back after one year of gap. And from the next day, I have some tickling and irritation started in my vagina followed by lower abdomen and back pain. I had cramps in my legs too. My appetite is also reduced and the pain and irritation was persistent. For the past five days, being in pain I fell and got hit on the left side of the pelvic area and immediately observed an orange rust color sticky discharge for the first time in these six days, after which the abdominal pain almost vanished. Although, there is still some heaviness in the lower abdomen but no discharge since then. I also took an i-pill the next day, I had sex as well as been frequently washing with V-Wash and applying clean and dry ointment. Is there something really serious?

#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you.

Firstly, let me assure you that it is perfectly fine and there is nothing serious.

Secondly, intercourse involves physical exertion and depending upon the position and type of intercourse like slow or rough intercourse there can be some pain. More so one year gap is pretty long and there has to be some pain and discomfort.

Third part you have i-pill, it is perfectly fine and you will not get pregnant.

I-pill is a hormone-based pill and there are known side effects of the same in the form of body pain, headache, etc. Also, as a side effect to the use of medicine i-pill there may be a delay of up to a week in your next period. You may expect a little bleeding or spotting before the actual period.

Please share the picture of the discharge if you have. Keep the area clean and dry. Do not do intense exercise. If itching is there, then apply Surfaz SN cream. Use cotton underwear.

I was too scared that maybe I have developed some cyst that got burst after I got hit as the pain and the discharge got stopped. But thanks for relieving me. I am sharing the picture of the discharge. I still have some heaviness in the lower abdomen and ticking in the vagina.

#

I have seen the image shared by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Do not worry. Start with the treatment, as discussed above. After three days, i.e. by Wednesday, if you do not get any relief, then please revert. I am sure you will be better by then.

Hello doctor i started using surfaz SN cream since yesterday as there was still some irritation in my vagina although there is no body pain at all. I am experiencing fresh blood drops from my vagina. I have applied the ointment twice and it helped with the irritation but the fresh dark red colour blood is scarring me as my periods aren’t due yet. Also I forgot to mention that i had sex on the fourth day of my periods.Please help!
# good morning Megha,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I have gone through the explanation presented by you.

firstly let me assure that pls don't get tensed you are fine

can you please share the details of your last menstrual period? date and flow? cycle length?

see I pill is a hormone based pill and it has this known side effect of irregular spotting so that's fine. don't worry

also I request you to take a urine pregnancy test with first urine of the day for accurate result. don't drink too much fluid prior to your test. adhere to all guidelines written on pregnancy test kit. this I am suggesting to rule out pregnancy.

don't worry

|