Q. What could be the reason for vaginal pain during periods?

Answered by Dr. Aparna M Sathawane and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Vaginal Pain or Menstrual Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What could be the reason for vaginal pain during periods?

What could be the reason for vaginal pain during periods? It happens for a few minutes when the periods start and sometimes on and off on the second and third day.

It is happening for many years. My periods are regular. My sonography is normal. I experience a lot of vaginal dryness and soreness as well.