Q. How to find out the reason for vomiting sensation?

Dr. Nageswara Rao
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2020

I am having some obstruction feel in the throat and vomiting sensation for the past 20 days. There is a feeling of giddiness and strain to the eyes. I do not have any pain or burning sensation. Please suggest some treatment.

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

• I just need some more clinical details about your symptoms and history.
  • Is there any difficulty in swallowing liquids and solids? Did you vomit or only the sensation of vomiting?
  • Do you have any past history of acid reflux disease, fever, weight loss or loss of appetite?
  • Do you smoke? Are you an alcoholic? Are you suffering from diabetes or hypertension?
  • Is there any family history of any malignancies? Are you on any regular medication?
  • I suggest tablet Pantosec DSR (combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone) once a day before breakfast for two weeks. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I do not have any problem in swallowing. I have only the vomiting sensation. Only vomiting sensation. I do not have any other symptoms except feeling feverish. I am an ex-smoker and quitted smoking before a year. I will drink alcohol very occasionally. I had Levomac 500 one per day for the past three days.

Dr. Nageswara Rao

#

• Why are you using Levomac 500? Check your CBP (completed blood picture), blood sugars, serum electrolytes, LFT (liver function tests) and serum creatinine.
  • Go for upper GI endoscopy, so that you can have a diagnosis.
  • I suggest you tablet Pantosec DSR as earlier for two weeks. If no improvement, then go for endoscopy.

Revert back after two weeks to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »