Q. How to get some relief from throat congestion and irritation?

I am suffering from cough, irritation in throat and mild pain. I feel feverish, but do not have a real fever. Temperature variation is a problem where I live and I travel around 50 km daily by bus. I am also a smoker. During season change, I usually get into this trouble at least twice a year.

Earlier, I have been prescribed to take Azithromycin, Levocet and Paracetamol 650. Should I follow the same prescription? I cannot afford to be resting for a few days. I teach at a college and we have examinations going on. A cough is not severe but would be good to have some relief.

Is there any cough candy? I am already making some plans to quit smoking. Apart from quitting smoking, what lifestyle changes or long-term medication I can use to avoid these troubles?

#

It is again an episode of upper respiratory tract infection. The prescription would be the same. You try first Azithromycin once a day for five days. If it does not respond, then I suggest Amoxicillin.

Along with this, I suggest Betadine gargles and syrup Alex (Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin and Phenylephrine) two tablespoons whenever on needed basis. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

You need to be careful regarding cold weather and food items, because whenever one consumes cold item or cold air goes inside there is multiplication or growth of microorganisms leading to infection and symptoms.

So, avoid this thing. Also, smoking hampers local immunity so that must be stopped.

You must be getting some symptoms like throat congestion and irritation. At this stage, you should do Betadine gargles to kill those excess microorganisms in the throat before setting infection.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|