Ureteroscopic Stone Removal

Is surgery necessary for kidney stones in a diabetic patient under COVID-19 recovery phase?

Query: Hi doctor, My father in law is a diabetic patient with stones in both kidneys. He had CO-RAD’s-3 in a CT scan. We have given home treatment separately. After a few days, he has tested negative in the rapid antigen kit. Then we have taken CT scan post-COVID-19, and we got results (attached...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The CT (computed tomography) chest report mentions the disappearance of ground glass appearance (in COVID-19 related findings) in all lung segments. It appears that his pneumonia has he...  Read Full »

Why has my urine flow reduced after ureter stone removal?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a stone in my left ureter. The stone was removed and a stent was placed for two months through surgery. After the stent was removed, I noticed a drastic change in my urine flow. Also, I am having regular pain in the lower part of my kidney. I had no issue in urine flow or any pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The decrease in your urine flow following the procedure could be due to a stricture anywhere in the urethra. You should get a uroflometry done to confirm the diagnosis. It should be followed by an ascending urethrogram to locate the stricture. Most of these strictures can...  Read Full »

Why does my oxygen saturation level go down if I reduce the steroid dose?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 59 year old male. I had kidney stones problem for nearly eight years. I had multiple operations such as right pyelolithotomy and left ureterolithotomy to remove stone during that period. Now, after 20 years, I got a sudden pain and my ultrasound detected kidney stone. I had a CT s...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you remained without any major stone episodes for more than 10 years. Your creatinine level is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which is good. You can wait and follow up every three months with ultrasound for stones. The best would ...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to clear kidney stones.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment. So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease. Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://...  Read Full »

Is there any non-surgical management for kidney stone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic taking Glimepiride and Metformin. I have developed a kidney stone measuring 1.6 mm and the doctor has advised for a surgery. Is there any non-surgical management?  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is unlikely that 1.6 mm Kidney stone will come out on its own. You require surgery. There are many options like URSL and PCNL. Which option does your doctor prefer? For more information co...  Read Full »

I have severe stomach pain. Please look into my reports and tell me the cause.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have a severe stomach pain on the left side. I went to the doctor and they did a USG of the whole abdomen. I am attaching the reports. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Girish C Kamat

Internal Medicine Physician, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a stone in your ureter (the tube-like structure connecting the kidneys and the urinary bladder), because of which you are getting the abdominal pain. Please consult a urologist u...  Read Full »

My mother was advised to remove left kidney. Can she live with a single kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is not getting recovery from her illness and now she is hospitalized in an International Hospital. In the meantime, she suffered from malena for three to four days. However, endoscopy and colonoscopy report was normal and now malena problem was solved. As her left kidney functi...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) sent by you. I think the source of UTI (urinary tract infection) and other urinary problem is stones in left kidney. At present, there is no function in the left kidney and this is the source...  Read Full »