Q. How to clear kidney stones?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 02, 2020

I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.

#

• I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment.
  • So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease.

Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I am attaching my NCCT of KUB test reports for further details. Please go through it and suggest me.

#

I have gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The CT scan - computerized tomography shows a large 12 mm mid-ureteric stone, causing severe obstruction.
  • So, I would suggest you to undergo ureteroscopic stone removal at the earliest. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and follow the prescription.
  • It is a simple procedure with no major risks involved. You can come home in a single day and start your routine activities.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|