Q. After ureter stone removal, my urine flow has reduced. Why?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

I had a stone in my left ureter. The stone was removed and a stent was placed for two months through surgery. After the stent was removed, I noticed a drastic change in my urine flow. Also, I am having regular pain in the lower part of my kidney. I had no issue in urine flow or any pain in my kidney before surgery. Please help.

#

• The decrease in your urine flow following the procedure could be due to a stricture anywhere in the urethra.
  • You should get a uroflometry done to confirm the diagnosis. It should be followed by an ascending urethrogram to locate the stricture.
  • Most of these strictures can be managed by an endoscopic internal urethrotomy.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|