Q. How to manage redness and swelling in the urethral opening that resist treatment?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I have had redness and swelling in the urethral opening for one month. I have been prescribed Doxycycline, Azithromycin, Ceftriaxone, and two anti-fungal creams to help, but none have worked. I had unprotected sex once, but all my tests (STD and HIV), as well as hers, came back negative. I do not have any pain while urinating.

Kindly help.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

I have reviewed the attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). The redness and swelling are likely allergic and not related to infections. Allergy from products you use cause itchiness and redness. I will advise you to use an antihistamine cream. Apply it twice daily for two weeks. And try to change your shower gel or anything that can cause allergies. Please do a follow-up after two weeks and update me about your progress.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

|