Q. I have a red scar and extra skin at my urethral opening. What has to be done?

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Published on Aug 01, 2018

A few weeks ago, a red or pink scar and extra skin showed up at my urethral or where the pee comes out. What has to be done? Currently, I am taking Monistat 7 and had a yeast infection previously.

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Andrology Urology
#

I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details as follows:

1. Did you ever have a urinary tract infection or STD (sexually transmitted disease) in the past?
  2. Do you have any symptoms because of this like burning sensation, split urinary stream?

From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears to be a slight prolapse of the urethral mucosa. However, a clinical examination is necessary to confirm. The reason is just inflamed, hypertrophic mucosa that is probably protruding out. If it is asymptomatic, then there is no cause for concern and should resolve once the yeast infection settles.

For more information consult an urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I never had a urinary tract infection. No STD before. Sometimes, I feel a burning sensation and no split urinary stream. The urologist told me it was a yeast infection and this is going to happen on the daily basis and there is nothing to worry about. I have attached another picture. What should I do?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Andrology Urology
#

The burning sensation is due to the yeast infection. It does look like inflamed mucosa which is totally benign and it is nothing to be concerned about now.

Is there any medicine for treating yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I treat a yeast infection? Is there over-the-counter medicine for that?  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try to have a full treatment for any health issue that is reducing your immunity and causing you recurrent yeast infection like diabetes, immunocompromised diseases like AIDS, etc. Try to have a high vaginal swab to confirm that recurrently you are getting an infect...  Read Full

What is the treatment for the scar on my face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With your descriptions and given picture, it seems you have a hypertrophic scar (raised scar due to excess collagen deposits). If you will not treat them, it w...  Read Full

From yesterday I have a problem while peeing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male, and I have a problem while peeing from yesterday. It feels heavy under my stomach, just below my penis. Every time I try to pee, I cannot, and I have to push in order to do so. I drank an entire bottle of water today. Normally, I would be able to pee after a...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandip Dinkar Sanap
Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Difficulty in urination in a young individual is generally obstruction at bladder neck due to infection of the urinary bladder, prostate inflammation or muscle spasms. A final diagnosis can be made on thorough examination, blood, and ultrasound examination. Blood tests...  Read Full