Q. I have a red scar and extra skin at my urethral opening. What has to be done?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

A few weeks ago, a red or pink scar and extra skin showed up at my urethral or where the pee comes out. What has to be done? Currently, I am taking Monistat 7 and had a yeast infection previously.

#

I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details as follows:

1. Did you ever have a urinary tract infection or STD (sexually transmitted disease) in the past?
  2. Do you have any symptoms because of this like burning sensation, split urinary stream?

From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears to be a slight prolapse of the urethral mucosa. However, a clinical examination is necessary to confirm. The reason is just inflamed, hypertrophic mucosa that is probably protruding out. If it is asymptomatic, then there is no cause for concern and should resolve once the yeast infection settles.

For more information consult an urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I never had a urinary tract infection. No STD before. Sometimes, I feel a burning sensation and no split urinary stream. The urologist told me it was a yeast infection and this is going to happen on the daily basis and there is nothing to worry about. I have attached another picture. What should I do?

#

The burning sensation is due to the yeast infection. It does look like inflamed mucosa which is totally benign and it is nothing to be concerned about now.

|