Q. I feel burning sensation in perineum with urinary frequency and discomfort. Please help.

Dr. Ankush Jairath
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 03, 2020

I have had the following symptoms every few months for a long time now. Frequent urination, burning in perineum area, and discomfort after urination. I have been treated for general urethritis three times in the last year. I do not have any STDs as I have been tested. These symptoms come along with no apparent cause. What is this and what should I do?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

#

It can be prostatitis. Do you have a history of unprotected sex with a new partner before the start of symptoms? Is ultrasound abdomen has been done before? Kindly attach reports. Any report on urine culture? You mentioned that you have been treated thrice, which antibiotic has been given to you? Do you have a burning sensation after ejaculation also? Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?

| 

I am married and do not have any new partners. No ultrasound of abdomen. I took Doxycycline, Azithromycin, and Ciprofloxacin.

#

Get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) with PVRU (post void residual urine) as well as a urine culture.

Meanwhile start tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg before bed for 10 days, tablet Lyser D (Serratiopeptidase) 1-0-1 for seven days, syrup Citralka 10 ml 1-1-1 for four weeks, tablet Alfuzosin 10 mg before bed for four weeks. Do sitz bath twice a day for 15 minutes.

Once Levofloxacin 10 days are over then from 11th day start tab Septran DS twice daily for four weeks. I would like to treat this as prostatitis. As the prostate has a scant blood supply and the drugs reach the prostate via blood so we have to give treatment for a prolonged period to prevent recurrences.

| 

I see that you provide a treatment plan. Should I go to my regular doctor and recommend this course of action or can you write the prescription?

#

Welcome back to iclniq.com.

You need to go to your regular doctor as I can only suggest you the treatment plan.

| 

Can taking Levofloxacin for prostatitis cause permanent muscular and CNS effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have been complaining of symptoms of prostatitis for seven years with LUTS, fatigue, and pain as the main symptoms. The EPS shows more than 10 WBC per HPF and urine and prostatic cultures are negative. Semen culture was done twice in the last six months with th...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination, thirst, and numbness in feet and hands. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old, my height is 166 cm and my weight is 54 kg. I am a female. I have been feeling symptoms of diabetes like thirst, urination more than usual, extreme hunger, numbness in feet and hands, tingling in my back, hands trembling, blurry vision, my wounds are taking so long to ...  Read Full »

What to take for pain when urinating after sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a girl, age 20. I had sex four days before, but from that date, I am continuously feeling pain during urination and getting urine out very frequently. Please tell me if that is a serious issue. How to get out of this pain?  Read Full »