Q. My uric acid is 9, and I have pain in my knee. Please help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 03, 2021

I did KFT and LFT. I have a SGPT of 60 U/L and SGOT of 54 U/L. I have a uric acid level of 9 mg/dL. Now, I have pain in my knees.

#

Kindly send your reports. Please mention whether you are taking any medicine for pain.

I am not taking any medicine for pain. I am taking Thyronorm 100 mg.

#

Please mention whether you have pain in your hand joints. You seem to have a slight infection in the liver with increased SGPT (alanine transaminase) and SGOT levels (aspartate transaminase). You can take tablet Hepamerz 150 mg (L-Ornithine L-Aspartate with Pancreatin) once a day for ten days. You can take tablet Indomethacin 25 mg once a day for ten days. You can take tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once a day before meal for ten days. Continue taking Thyronorm. For high uric acid levels, try to take a low protein diet. Take more veggies and fruits. Avoid eating fish or meat. You can take tablet Colcry 0.6 mg twice a day. Have a follow-up after ten days.

Thank you for helping me a lot.

#

Have a follow-up after ten days.

I am unable to get Colcry 0.6. Kindly suggest an alternative medicine. Can I continue going to the gym?

#

You can take any tablet containing Colchicine 0.6 mg once a day. You can go to the gym. But you need to stop taking protein or any other supplements. It can cause increase your uric acid levels.

Thank you for guiding me.

#

Have a follow-up at any time.

Give some advice regarding my condition.

#

Kindly take tablet Hepamerz 150 mg once a day. You can take tablet Pantop 40 mg once a day before meal for five days. Please mention the duration of the pain. Please mention whether you have any symptoms of jaundice.

|