iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal Medicineuric acid levelIs my knee pain due to high uric acid?

My uric acid is 9, and I have pain in my knee. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At August 28, 2020
Reviewed AtMay 3, 2021

Patient's Query

I did KFT and LFT. I have a SGPT of 60 U/L and SGOT of 54 U/L. I have a uric acid level of 9 mg/dL. Now, I have pain in my knees.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh

Kindly send your reports. Please mention whether you are taking any medicine for pain.

Patient's Query

I am not taking any medicine for pain. I am taking Thyronorm 100 mg.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh

Please mention whether you have pain in your hand joints. You seem to have a slight infection in the liver with increased SGPT (alanine transaminase) and SGOT levels (aspartate transaminase). You can take tablet Hepamerz 150 mg (L-Ornithine L-Aspartate with Pancreatin) once a day for ten days. You can take tablet Indomethacin 25 mg once a day for ten days. You can take tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once a day before meal for ten days. Continue taking Thyronorm. For high uric acid levels, try to take a low protein diet. Take more veggies and fruits. Avoid eating fish or meat. You can take tablet Colcry 0.6 mg twice a day. Have a follow-up after ten days.

Patient's Query

Thank you for helping me a lot.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh

Have a follow-up after ten days.

Patient's Query

I am unable to get Colcry 0.6. Kindly suggest an alternative medicine. Can I continue going to the gym?

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh

You can take any tablet containing Colchicine 0.6 mg once a day. You can go to the gym. But you need to stop taking protein or any other supplements. It can cause increase your uric acid levels.

Patient's Query

Thank you for guiding me.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh

Have a follow-up at any time.

Patient's Query

Give some advice regarding my condition.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh

Kindly take tablet Hepamerz 150 mg once a day. You can take tablet Pantop 40 mg once a day before meal for five days. Please mention the duration of the pain. Please mention whether you have any symptoms of jaundice.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sugreev Singh
Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy