Q. I get out of breath easily causing pressure to urinate or pass stools. Why?

Dr. Devendra

I get out of breath easily causing pressure to urinate or pass stool, or both. This has been going on over a year I have been through every test and specialist I know of. Please help.

#

You have incontinence to both urine and stool. This is very likely a neurogenic cause. I would like to know more details. Do you have Diabetes, spine surgery or trauma? Is there walking difficulty, numbness of limbs? Is the stool passed soft or hard? How many times do you get up at night to void, any night time incontinence, leakage of urine on sneezing cough? How is the flow of urine? Did you have any previous surgery?

when you leak urine is it associated with a strong desire to void or do you strain to pass urine? Is breathlessness present at other times except for urine or stool? kindly share the reports of urine analysis, USG KUB (ultrasound kidney, ureter and bladder) PVR (post residual volume), and blood sugar. Did you have any cardiac evaluation for breathlessness?

Yes, I have diabetes. I have no surgery, no leakage at night, and the urine flow is normal. I am having tingling sensation in both legs and feet below the knees. I have only incontinence when there is short of breath. The stool is soft. There is a lot of pressure then, incontinence happens uncontrollably. Incontinence happens only when I cannot breath, or short of breath.

#

This is an overactive bladder based on history. It needs to evaluate further by:

1. Urine analysis.

2. USG KUB with post-void residue.

3. Uroflowmetry.

4. Evaluation for the cause of breathlessness by a physician.

5. PSA (prostate-specific antigen).

Medicines can be prescribed only if the above evaluations are done and reports shared on this platform. For symptomatic treatment start (Tamsulosin 0.4mg and Tolterodine 2 mg) Roliflo OD-2 at bed time, Neurobione forte OD for 10 days till reports are available.

|