Q. How to treat urinary tract infection?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I think I have a urinary tract infection. I am wondering what I should do as I am traveling abroad.

#

I understand your concern.

Urinary tract infection can cause increased frequency and urgency of urination. In addition, pain in the bladder and a burning sensation while passing urine are the symptoms of urinary tract infections. Enlarged prostate, which can start at the age of 50 years, can cause difficulty initiating urine, a weak stream, and incomplete emptying of the bladder or intermittency of the urinary stream.

You require tests to differentiate the two conditions as treatment is different.

The tests required are urine analysis and urine culture ultrasound for kidneys, bladder, and prostate.

Suppose you do not have access to the laboratory for investigations while traveling. In that case, you can take tablet Tamsulosine 0.4 mg once at night and tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg once in the morning and at night. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with them, and take medications with their consent.

If you have any more queries, please let me know.

Kind regards

Thank you for the reply.

Where can I get these? Can you issue a prescription?

#

My prescriptions are valid in my country only. The medicines are easily available in the pharmacy.

Kind regards.

|