Q. I have severe redness in vagina along with itching. Why is it?

Answered by
Dr. Sameer Kumar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am a 25 year old unmarried female. My height is 5'2" and I weigh 58 kg. I am suffering from urine inflammation over last three months. My symptoms are heavy inflammation at the time of urination, red skin at vagina and itching problem. I visited the doctor five months back and taken medicine, after that it got cured. But again the problem has started over last 3-4 days. I want to consult a gynecologist, so that she can suggest me medicine. I have attached my urine test reports for your reference.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thanks for the query on this platform. I have had a look at the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • Ideally, it is important that a high vaginal swab culture be done for isolating the organisms, both for bacterial vaginosis and vaginal candidiasis).
  • Before administering any treatment, it would be important to get a swab culture test of urethra of your partner as well.
  • These infections are inter transmissible and can be transferred back again to you through your partner via intercourse. So, a concomitant treatment would be necessary.
  • I suggest you to start on antifungal pessaries such as Clingen (combination of Clindamycin and Clotrimazole) once a day for six days and oral antifungal Fluconazole 300 mg once a week for two weeks.
  • For UTI, I suggest you antibiotics combination like Oflox-OZ (combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) twice a day for five days with increased intake of water around 4-5 liters a day.

Revert back with the investigation report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Hi doctor,

How can I get the prescription for these medicines?



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • You have to meet the gynecologist and get the investigations done and then get the medicines prescribed. These are not available over-the-counter.
  • I would like to see the reports of the investigations before the prescription can be given.

Revert back with the investigation report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?

.. starting FAS-3 kit (Fluconazole, Azithromycin, and Secnidazole) weekly, one tab eight hourly for three weeks. Then insert Canesten (Clotrimazole) vaginal cream internally for seven days. Then Candid (Clotrimazole) dusting powder externally. Start ...   Read full

A Patient's Guide to Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections

1) Post-Menopause: As you get older, hormonal changes cause alterations to your vagina and its contents, predisposing you to urinary tract infections ...   Read full

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?

.. fine, but Fluconazole and Ketoconazole have no role in scabies. Permethrin has to be applied two times, one week apart and every member of the family should apply it at the same time.Leave the furniture and mobile as it is, as transmission rarely ...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines in India
Two vaccines, Covishield and Covaxin, have been granted emergency use authorization in India. Read about these vaccines'...  Read more»
Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.