Q. I have severe redness in vagina along with itching. Why is it?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am a 25 year old unmarried female. My height is 5'2" and I weigh 58 kg. I am suffering from urine inflammation over last three months. My symptoms are heavy inflammation at the time of urination, red skin at vagina and itching problem. I visited the doctor five months back and taken medicine, after that it got cured. But again the problem has started over last 3-4 days. I want to consult a gynecologist, so that she can suggest me medicine. I have attached my urine test reports for your reference.

#

Thanks for the query on this platform. I have had a look at the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Ideally, it is important that a high vaginal swab culture be done for isolating the organisms, both for bacterial vaginosis and vaginal candidiasis).
  • Before administering any treatment, it would be important to get a swab culture test of urethra of your partner as well.
  • These infections are inter transmissible and can be transferred back again to you through your partner via intercourse. So, a concomitant treatment would be necessary.
  • I suggest you to start on antifungal pessaries such as Clingen (combination of Clindamycin and Clotrimazole) once a day for six days and oral antifungal Fluconazole 300 mg once a week for two weeks.
  • For UTI, I suggest you antibiotics combination like Oflox-OZ (combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) twice a day for five days with increased intake of water around 4-5 liters a day.

Revert back with the investigation report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How can I get the prescription for these medicines?

#

• You have to meet the gynecologist and get the investigations done and then get the medicines prescribed. These are not available over-the-counter.
  • I would like to see the reports of the investigations before the prescription can be given.

|