Q. My frequent urination problem stopped after I started masturbating. Are they related?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 19 year old male, who weighs 72 kg and 176 cm tall. About 3 to 4 years ago, I was urinating every 5 to 10 minutes, so I used some medicines. It took about two months to get rid of this illness, but it did not heal completely. For the first two years, I was urinating in every 1 to 2 hours in winter and 2 to 3 hours in summer. I was and still am very weak during cold seasons. I even stopped taking soda drinks, as it made the frequency of urination more.

During this two years, many doctors checked me, but they did not find any problem. I used many medicines, but I did not see any change. After these two years, I started masturbating three times a week, and I saw improvement in my condition. Now, I have to pee every 3 to 4 hours in winter and 5 to 7 hours in summer. But in the last 2 to 3 months, I stopped masturbating. And unfortunately, I started having bad times again. I have this problem, not the entire month, but it starts about 10 to 15 days a month. During nights, I do not have any problem. Is it possible that urination and masturbation are connected? I think not masturbating cannot be the cause of problem or illness. What can be the cause? What can I do in this situation? I used active bladder medicines, but I saw no response.

#

• You have classical signs of overactive bladder or interstitial cystitis. I think if you feel better with masturbation, then you can masturbate there is no harm.
  • Yes, masturbation will cause relaxation of bladder muscles and help indirectly. Continue with other conservative measures like avoid soda and alcohol. I suggest you try taking the following:
  1. Tablet Pentosan polysulfate, one tablet three times a day.
  2. Tablet Darilong (Darifenacin) 7.5 mg one tablet in the morning.

Thanks.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|