Q. I have a frequent urge to urinate but cannot. Why?

Dr. Lokesh

I have a pain in the lower part of my stomach. I also have an urge to urinate but, feel that the urine is not coming through. It happened to me quite a few times now. Can you explain what is causing this and also suggest a medicine. I am on regular medications for thyroid, migraine, and high blood pressure.

#

• This kind of a pain and an urge to urinate can happen due to the following possibilities:
  1. A renal stone coming down.
  2. A urinary infection.
  3. Prostate problems.
  • Give me the following details:
  1. What is your age?
  2. Since how many days do you have this problem?
  3. Do you have any other health issues except the ones that you have already mentioned?
  4. Did you have this kind of a urine retention anytime previously?
  5. Do you have a burning sensation after passing little urine?
  6. Do you have fever and chills?
  • Let me know these details so that I can suggest accordingly. Regards.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of the report or image and is based entirely on the inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

Revert with more information to a family physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

I am a 48 year old female. I have this problem since two to three months. I do not have diabetes. I do not have a burning sensation after passing urine. I do not have a fever. I also have pain in the lower back and my stomach always feels bloated whenever I feel the pain.

#

• Do a renal ultrasonography and an X-ray of the abdomen and follow up with reports.
  • Until then, take the following medicines:
  1. Tablet Diclofenac 50 mg, one tablet both morning and night for three days, after food.
  2. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, one tablet both morning and night for three days, before food.
  • Do not take these tablets if you are allergic to them. Do not take these tablets if you have bronchial asthma. I will change the tablets depending upon the report.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|