Q. How can urine infection in a postpartum preeclampsia patient be treated?

My 36-year-old wife has a urine infection. She was diagnosed with postpartum preeclampsia after two days of delivery of a female child. She had high blood pressure at the time of delivery but now it is normal. Her average blood pressure is 110/75. She had a severe urinary infection before the birth of the baby. The infection was not controlled after birth too and an antibiotic was given. As per urine culture report, blood tests, and the doctor's prescription, antibiotic and other medicines were given but the infection has not improved at all. What should be done?

#

I would suggest you to repeat urine culture and drug sensitivity to determine the bacteria causing infection and the antibiotic to which it is sensitive.

Few bacteria which cause urinary infection in women develop resistance very easily and become difficult to treat.

So I suggest you get another urine culture and sensitivity and discuss with her treating doctor a combination of antibiotics which can be more effective than a single drug.

Also, carry out an ultrasound of the abdomen to rule out any abdominal source of infection.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|