Q. I suffer from urine infection and the pain is reducing slowly. What could it be?

Dr. Gajanan Shirpad Bhat
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: May 22, 2019

I am 35 years old. I have the symptoms of a urine infection. But five days after the beginning of the symptoms, I got a urine test, and no bacterial infection or STD were detected. I did an HIV test, which was also negative. The pain is reducing slowly, but I am still not back 100 %. I have no sex envy. What could this be? Could this be a chemical infection or allergy from using hydroalcoholic solution wipes or shampoo on the penis? Could this be a prostate issue?

#

By your description, it appears that you are having pain while passing urine. It could be due to infection, stone or simple inflammation. Urine shows bacteria only in case of infection. In the case of stone disease or inflammation, one can find red blood cells or white blood cells respectively. If you are getting relieved gradually with the treatment you have obtained, no need to worry. If you do not have relief even after five days of symptomatic treatment, kindly consider getting an ultrasound abdomen and pelvis with post void residue, which can identify a structural lesion such as stone.

|