Q. My son has rashes that increase every evening. What could it be?

Dr. Kumaresan Muthuvel

My 4 year old son has some kind of rashes from last week. We visited a pediatrician who suggested a dermatologist consultation. I have attached images of the rashes and the prescription. We noticed that it increases in the evenings. Every morning he wakes up with clear skin and during evenings it worsens. He had a fever for two days around the same time it started. He keeps scratching himself. The severity has reduced, but it is not completely gone.

#

I have seen the images and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The child's rash is called urticaria. This is a non-specific rash which may be due to food, dust, insect bite or a viral fever. Once it starts, it persists for anywhere between 15 to 45 days and disappears completely afterward.

Zempred (Methylprednisolone) and Levocet (Levocetirizine) are the right medications for this condition.

There is no need to be alarmed about this. This is a minor rash which will settle in few days. I advise you to continue the same medications.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Thank you very much. I am feeling relieved.

#

Thank you for the feed back. Feel free to ask further queries.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|