Q. My son has rashes that increase every evening. What could it be?

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel
Published on Jul 19, 2017

My 4 year old son has some kind of rashes from last week. We visited a pediatrician who suggested a dermatologist consultation. I have attached images of the rashes and the prescription. We noticed that it increases in the evenings. Every morning he wakes up with clear skin and during evenings it worsens. He had a fever for two days around the same time it started. He keeps scratching himself. The severity has reduced, but it is not completely gone.

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon
#

I have seen the images and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The child's rash is called urticaria. This is a non-specific rash which may be due to food, dust, insect bite or a viral fever. Once it starts, it persists for anywhere between 15 to 45 days and disappears completely afterward.

Zempred (Methylprednisolone) and Levocet (Levocetirizine) are the right medications for this condition.

There is no need to be alarmed about this. This is a minor rash which will settle in few days. I advise you to continue the same medications.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Thank you very much. I am feeling relieved.

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

#

Thank you for the feed back. Feel free to ask further queries.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

I have a rash that appears only when I sweat or take a shower. Is it hives?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have a weird rash on the back. It looks like hives but does not itch or burn at all. It only appears when I sweat or take a shower.  Read Full »

I have rashes below waistline including penis. Do I need urgent care?

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes basically everywhere below the waistline. It started two days ago and have somewhat spread from the initial location (bug bite on the upper right thigh). There is some bruising around the initial location. I have been using Lotrimin and Cortizone cream but there is no effec...  Read Full »

I have rashes over a year after exposure. Do I have HIV or can I get married?

Query: Dear doctor,I participated in unsafe sex with a girl and after one and a half years, I have been tested with CMIA test rapid antibody test and ELISA test and all results are negative for HIV 1 and 2. But, the tension in my mind was not cleared and every day I am suffering from this thought did I get...  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now