Q. My mother was operated for uterine fibroid. Why?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2020

My mom had fibroid in her uterus and got it removed last week. Please see the reports attached and let me know what it is. Thank you in advance.

#

The report says that the fibroid was not malignant or cancerous (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is a type of cellular growth due to long-term hormonal stimulation. Leiomyomas are benign monoclonal tumors arising from the smooth muscle cells of the myometrium.

Metaplasia is normal cells at abnormal location.

The treatment is correct that is the idea of operation and she should do fine.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|