Q. Is it mandatory to get the optional vaccines for a 45 days old infant?

Dr. Bhaisara Baraturam Bhagrati

I have a baby girl (45 days old). There are some vaccinations in this period. Our pediatrician suggests vaccination option for DTwP/DTaP-1, OPV1/OPV1+IVP1, Hib vaccination, hepatitis B vaccination by oral administration or by injection. What is the difference between it and which one is better?

Secondly, in optional vaccination like PCV1 and rotavirus vaccination 1, they have different options. Here the difference is of doses they said. So can you explain it what is it? Which one is better? Please let me know as soon as possible as I have to get it within two days.

#

I understand your concern.

1. Optional vaccines are given in special and high-risk kids. Does your child is any one of them?

2. Yes, in the market there are various brands of different vaccines.

3. There is no limit for optional vaccines.

4. If a baby is healthy no high-risk factor I suggest go for routine vaccination.

|