Q. Will antirabies vaccination cause any side effect when there is no dog bite?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 26, 2019

My child has a wound in his inner part of the foot. He is 3.6 years old. He is saying that a puppy bites him and also says injured from stone. We are confused and visited a doctor. He advised us to four doses of injection. Will it cause any side effect when there is no dog bite?

#

• If you are in doubt that dog bite has occurred or not, then it is always advisable to give the antirabies vaccine.
  • There is no harm in giving an antirabies vaccine. You should give anti-rabies vaccine because rabies is a fatal disease once it occurs and there is no treatment for that.
  • It is always advisable to give antirabies vaccine even if you are in doubt. Take care.

For further doubts consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|