Q. Should I opt for painful or painless vaccination for my daughter?

Dr. Deepak Patel

My little angel will have her first vaccine after the one given in hospital after birth. My doctor said there are two ways, painful and painless. Which one shall I go with? When I asked the doctor, she asked me to read the latest vaccination guidelines. Is painless good? I heard most people go for painful one as that is quite acceptable even some doctor do not prefer the painless one. Which way should I opt for my baby's well being? Please help.

#

I can understand your concern.

• According to the latest vaccination guidelines, the whole-cell vaccine is preferred over the purified-cell vaccine. The whole-cell vaccine is painful, but it is now the recommended vaccine.
  • I advise you to go for a whole-cell vaccine for DPT, as it is now the recommended vaccine and the immunity is better for this vaccine.

I hope this will help you. Wishing your child good health. Take care.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|