Q. A pet dog bit me three years back. Can I take anti-rabies vaccine now?

Answered by Dr. Ehsan Samarbafzadeh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dog Bite or Vaccination? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am an 18 year old male. Three years ago, a dog slightly bit my hand. The dog died 1.5 years after he bit me. It has been three years now, but I am worried as I heard that rabies appears after years. I did not take any medicine then. I ignored it because it was a pet dog. If I take anti-rabies vaccine or boosters now, will it protect me? The dog was my neighbor's pet dog.