Q. Why do I have white vaginal discharge after a year of getting genital warts?

Dr. Sweta Singh

I had genital warts last year, which has been treated. I got Pap smear, HIV, VDRL, and HSV tests, and all tests were non-reactive. I have white vaginal discharge, which is more than normal. The discharge is not smelly, and I do not have any itching. I have done an antibiotic course also, but this it is not improving. Please help. What is wrong with me?

#

I would suggest you get an ultrasound done to find out if there is any infection in the pelvis. Also, your partner needs to be treated; otherwise, he will keep passing the infection back to you. Please have him visit a urologist and seek treatment.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I got an ultrasound six months back, and it was normal. Currently, I am not sexually active. Kindly help with the following queries. Is this problem called leukorrhea? Few of the doctors have suggested getting an HPV vaccination. Will it be effective now, given my history of warts? What can I do to avoid recurrence of warts? Are there any other tests to be done to rule out any other STI?  Also, I want to know if I am infected with HPV. Which test can be done to identify the type of HPV that I am infected with? Kindly help.

#

Yes, it is leukorrhea. It can be treated with Candid V3 (Clotrimazole) vaginal pessaries for three nights at bedtime.

You can take Gardasil vaccination, as it protects against several strains of HPV (human papillomavirus). So, even if you have one strain, you are still protected against the others.

If you have genital warts, there is not a lot you can do. You should consult a dermatologist, as they will advise better. I suggest getting HCV (Hepatitis C virus), and HBsAg (Hepatitis B surface antigen) tests also. For detecting HPV, the test is done in the same way as a Pap smear with a cervical brush.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I had genital warts last year. The thought of its recurrence really freaks me out. Is it 100 % that HPV is the only cause of genital warts? If my Pap smear test was normal, does that mean I do not have strains of high-risk HPV? Is it advisable to get HPV test done? If not for now, when can it be done? I have read that our system clears the virus on its own in the majority of the cases in six months. I have taken the first dose of Gardasil. Will it help to build immunity against the recurrence of warts? Kindly help.

#

Before answering all your questions, I want to know if you got your partner treated.

Revert with more information to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|