Q. I have strong burning sensation in vagina. Is the urine infection back?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am a 19 year old female. I am a virgin. I was treated for a urine infection a week ago and now it seems to be back again. I have a strong burning sensation in my vagina and it is very painful.

#

It is better to have urinalysis, urine culture and I would suggest high vaginal swab as well or just vaginal swab to be on the safe side.

1. Have plenty of cranberry juice and water.
  2. Maintain strict hygiene.
  3. Wear soft, comfortable undergarments.

Collect lab results and discuss here or with your treating doctor. You might need specific antibiotics to kill organisms that are causing the infection. After sending urine and vaginal swab for the test, you can have antibiotics till the report comes to reduce the severity of the infection.

Just after collection of urine, I suggest having tablet Augmentin 625 mg eight hourly for seven days

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|