Q. Tight vagina is making penetration difficult. Please suggest a solution.

Dr. Parth Singh
Published on Oct 25, 2019

I am a male, 28 years of age, recently married to a girl of 23 years of age. During first time sex with her, I was not able to insert my penis into her vagina. Her vagina is in closed very tight condition. I tried to insert my fingers also but could not make it. Even I tried foreplay. Can you tell me the solution for it?

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

It is really frustrating for a young married man and the couple to not be able to consummate the marriage and have satisfying sex. There are a few possibilities you might consider in your case.

Vaginismus is a condition in which there is an involuntary spasm of pelvic muscles which make penetration almost impossible. It can be treated by relaxing the woman, supporting her emotionally and starting the sexual act by using a very thin dilator during foreplay. You need to keep on increasing the dilator thickness or may use your fingers until the spasmodic contraction of pelvic muscles is gone. Then you may start penetrating with your penis with lots of lubricants. Reassuring the partner and involving her fully in the effort is the key. Look for any structural defect in the vagina if any. Sometimes, even normal women have a very small aperture or opening due to the thick and intact hymen. just try with lots of lubrication and loads of foreplay.

| 

What is the reason for not ejaculating during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 but until recently have been very sexually active with my wife. I am in good health overall but have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. That usually has not interfered with my sex life. I have had a penile implant several years ago so getting an erection is not...  Read Full »

I started bleeding from my vagina after rough sexual intercourse. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 27. I currently started bleeding from my vagina and I had rough sexual intercourse four times in four days with my partner. I experienced hip pain yesterday but when I woke up, the pain was gone and 30 minutes before I started bleeding, I started to have pain in the same spot. I ge...  Read Full »

Is it risky to have sexual intercourse with type 1 herpes patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now