Valacyclovir

I am getting a boil like thing on my lips. Is it herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am starting to get a boil kind of thing on my lips. Picture attached. How can I stop it? I hope it is not herpes.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry the picture is slightly blurred (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am not able to make out if the lesion is a bump or blister or a pustule. It is very important for me to have a clear view of the lesion. Can you please attach clear pictures ...  Read Full »

I got some rashes on my hands after carrying iron rods. What could it be due to?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 66 year old male. No diabetes, no hypertension with normal lipid limits. I am working in a remote area where no medical facility is available. Since last week, I have a rash on my right hand with a rose circle that has several watery eruptions. It is only in the hand. The ones I...  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having herpes zoster. This is a viral infection. I suggest taking the following tablet. Valtoval (Valacyclovir) 1 g thrice a day for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discu...  Read Full »

Can I take Acyclovir until I find Valcivir?

Query: Hello doctor,Tablet containing Acyclovir 200 mg is only available here. I have arranged to receive tablet Valcivir 1000 mg, but it will take a week to reach here. Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acyclovir can be taken as 800 mg five times daily. Usually, Acyclovir is a dispersible tablet. Place four tablets in a glass of water and then you can drink the water once the tablets dissolve. Repeat this five times daily for five days. After a week, there is no p...  Read Full »

How to avoid chickenpox scar?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 34 year old female. It started with two days of fever and body pain. I developed blisters and spots. My doctor diagnosed it as chickenpox. I have a few red spots and blisters on my face. I am taking Acivir 400 DT thrice, Azithromycin once daily and Cetirizine 10. I am also applying...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox or varicella is a viral infection and if not treated correctly leads to complications. From your clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the diagnosis looks to be so. There are some necessary precautions that you need to take so that th...  Read Full »

I got some itchy lesions on my thigh and forearm. Are they herpes?

Query: Hi doctor, I got some itchy lesion on one of my inner thighs and forearms. Previously, I was diagnosed with herpes, but unlike any outbreak, I have ever had. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Herpes affecting more than one area is not common. I need a detailed history of your problem. Please mention the duration of forearm and thigh itching. Do you have any other medical conditions? What is your age? Kindly send a clear photo of the lesion. Revert with the det...  Read Full »

Is oral HSV 2 infection uncommon?

Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed with HSV 2. I am having both genial and oral lesions. What is the best dosage of Valtrex to kill virus? Also, is HIV 2 oral infection uncommon one? I had shingles before 10 years and at that my doctor believed it as HSV 2. My IgG blood test showed HSV 1 0.06 and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, oral HSV 2 (herpes simplex virus) is uncommon, but it can be the cause. Same way HSV 1 is mostly oral, but it can cause genital disease too. The dosage of Valtrex (Valaciclovir) differs according to the course of the disease such as initial disease episode and recurr...  Read Full »

Are these medicines the apt ones for keratitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from stromal viral keratitis. My doctor mentioned in my report as stromal keratitis (herpes?). Is that herpes? Also I was prescribed Pred forte, Add Tears and Acivir ointment. Are these right medicines? This is the second episode after five years. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me share some facts about viral infection of eye. Primary viral infection of the eye is usually followed by recurrent infection that may involve any or all layers of cornea. Cornea has three layers: Epithelium, stroma and endothelium. It is when the stroma affec...  Read Full »