Q. Can hypothyroidism cause joint pain, shivering and fever?

Answered by Dr. Divakara P and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Viral Infection or Hypothyroidism? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 30 years old. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'10". Three months before, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Also, I am suffering from joint pain, shivering and fever. For this condition doctor advised me to take Thyrox 50 mcg, Thyrox 100 mcg for 10 days and Thyrox 125 mcg for next two months. Also, I had serum TSH and the result indicates that I have serum TSH 11.8, but after three months TSH came to 0.02. So, the doctor suspected overdose and reduced it to 100 mcg. But, I thought 100 mcg is also too much to me. So, I am taking 50 mcg for the last three to four days. Please suggest me.